Press Conference - Cole Allen


Official Press Conference – Cole Allen

This press conference has been called today so that Coach Allen could announce his intentions for the upcoming season.  It had long been known that he was going to get offers from a handful of Power 6 schools, and that he would likely strongly consider some of them.  Today there isn’t the usual burgundy and gold backdrop behind the microphones but just a generic black backdrop to better offset the speaker when he either gives Sun Devil fans a reason to rejoice or leaving them feeling like they just had their hearts ripped out.  Without further ado, here he is stepping to the podium to make his announcement.

Coach: Thank you all for coming today. I wanted to just take the time to thank my family and friends for allowing me to do what I love for such a long time, and not hesitating to uproot their lives at the drop of a hat just to allow me to continue pushing my career to the next level.  We are all here for one reason, and that’s to find out what I plan on doing with the next step of that career and I don’t want to make you all wait any longer to get the official information… I have decided that I will be staying at Arizona State University and signing a 3-year deal (with an opt out after 2) [Editors note: contracts don’t exist in Hoops Dynasty, this is just to drive the story and express interest in sticking around for a couple more years].

And with that Coach gave a wave and moved off the stage.  It was known that the biggest job that Coach had his eye on this period was at Baylor.  Here is how their current roster stacks up next to ASU…



As you can see, it would have been a pretty drastic step backwards for coach merely to just be able to recruit in the south and southeast. Well today was good news. We have ensured ourselves success for the next couple years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment