Recruiting Update (Night 1)


And here we are, 4 cycles into this season of recruiting and here is where we stand…


Sadly the other team that jumped in over the night on Roland Adams was none other than A-prestige Indiana.  I do have a distinct distance advantage but I am unsure if that it is a battle I even want to entertain.  I can’t imagine spending $35,000+ on a player just to have him go across the country to a Big 10 school.

Ricky Pascoe also is considering a team from across the country except this one is A+ Georgia Tech out of the ever powerful ACC. Once I saw that it effectively crossed him off of my target list seeing as there is no way I’m going to be outspending someone from that conference, especially not when they are an A+ out of that conference.

Kermit is only considering A-prestige UCLA at the moment and seeing as I don’t have the prestige or distance advantage I quickly tallied him up as a loss and moved on.

The good news is that Steven Chapman, Norman Baily, and William Floyd all seem to be pretty steadily on board here and we just need to find someone to fill that 4th spot.  Now the question becomes if I branch out and try to find someone on a national level or if I sort of sit back and wait for the signings to start (sometimes teams will only have a couple scholarships to fill but will have a handful of guys considering them, so when the spots get filled, those goes go back into the pool of available recruits).

This is surely not an easy decision to make, but at least we have 75% of our spots filled and seem to be in a great position, especially if we can find a way to convince Indiana to leave Roland on the west coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment