Recruit Profile - Brandon Edelman


Recruit Profile


PF Brandon Edelman (#105 Overall | #27 PF)


6’9”

230 lbs

West HS in Bakersfield, CA (430 miles from campus)



Brandon has shot to the top of the list as far as my potential pick for my 4th open scholarship.  My goal has been to bring in 2 top-100 players with this class and although Brandon just misses that at 105 but I’ll still give him credit.  My only concern with Brandon, and the reason he wasn’t on my original list to try to fill out my 4 scholarships, is his low starting athleticism and defense ratings plus the fact that only having an average potential in his defensive ability.  That being said, after my other main targets have fallen through, I was able to take a step back and see the relatively high average athleticism and defense across my roster and make a decision that having someone in who was just a stud rebounder, shot blocker, and scorer from the low post may be something that benefits us going forward.

If Brandon ends up filling that 4th scholarship spot, he could see some playing time as a true freshman but it would likely be limited. As I stated earlier, his low ATH and DEF ratings really give me cause for concern as I fear that playing right away at this high of a level may end up with him getting his jock burnt off more than a few times.  However we will see how the cookie crumbles, he could end up being a surprise who really helps push us to the next level in a year when we are really quite young.  Once again, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment